Please contact us (best via email) for an appointment.
The equal opportunnity department is divided in areas that work by mutually representing one another.
|Campus Jungiusstraße||Campus Bahrenfeld||Campus Bergedorf|
|Prof. Dr. Daniela Pfannkuche||Prof. Dr. Erika Garutti||Dr. Birgit Fuhrmeister|
Equal opportunity plan for the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences for 2020-2023
The plan is available as a pdf file here (only in German).
Responsibilities of the equal opportunity commissioner
The equal opportunity commissioners support the University's Institutes to promote equal treatment of men and women.
There is a full-time equal opportunity commissioner at university level and also
there is an administrative department Stabsstelle Gleichstellung, that is acting on a university-wide basis on behalf of equal opportunities.
In particular, the duties of the equal opportunity commissioner encompass the following points:
- Function as a contact person in case of any kind of discrimination
- Counselling members of the Erweiterter Vorstand PHYSIK (management of the Physics Department)
- Participation in committees for the assignment of academic positions (with veto-right)
- Participation in all staff procedures (from job announcements and job interviews, to the decision for an applicant)
- Advice and initiation of actions and measures for better compatibility of family and studies/job (also conflict mediation
concerning e.g. attendance of lectures, etc.)
- Information about scholarships, funding opportunities, and coaching programs
- Regularly invitating to participate in the women assembly in the Physics Department
- Participation in the development of the equal opportunity plan of the MIN-faculty
The mailing list of women at the physics department can be contacted by: physikfrauen"AT"min.uni-hamburg.de (you can subscribe this list here). The mailing list is used for drawing attention to job advertisments and equal opportunity activities