The I. Institute of Theoretical Physics is located since April 2021 in the new institute building of the University of Hamburg on the research Campus Bahrenfeld, Notkestraße 9 - 11.
By public transport
There are two bus stops near the Bahrenfeld site:
- The "Bahrenfeld Trabrennbahn" bus stop is about a 6-minute walk away and is served by bus lines 1, 2, 3, X3 and 284.
- The "Stutsmoor" bus stop is about a 4-minute walk away and is served by bus line 1.
From Hamburg AIRPORT take:
- a taxi: travel time approx. 35 minutes. Costs approx. 40 euros.
- S-Bahn + Bus: From the airport take the S-Bahn line S1 or S11 to OTHMARSCHEN. In Othmarschen, leave the station via the escalator to the right and take bus 1 (direction Sieversstücken or Rissen) to the "Stutsmoor" stop. Or take bus 284 (direction IKEA) to the stop "Bahrenfeld Trabrennbahn". Total travel time approx. 60 minutes. Buy a "Single ticket Hamburg AB" directly at the airport (approx. 3,60 Euro).
Most long-distance trains stop at Hamburg-ALTONA station.
- From there, you can reach the Bahrenfeld campus by taking bus line 2 in the direction of Schenefeld; the bus stop is called "Bahrenfeld Trabrennbahn".
- Or take bus line 1 in the direction of Sieversstücken / Rissen; the bus stop is called "Stutsmoor".
Buy a "Single ticket Hamburg AB" directly at the airport (approx. 3,60 Euro).
If your train only stops at the central station, you can reach the station Hamburg-Altona with the S-Bahn lines S1, S2, S3, S11 or S31. You can find a timetable here: