Condensed Phase Dynamics
Prof. Dr. Nils Huse
The Condensed Phase Dynamics Group studies transformations of matter in molecules, nanostructures, and in the solid state by employing a wide range of ultrafast state-of-the-art techniques. A core activity focuses on ultrafast X-ray science, employing core-level transitions to probe dynamics on femtosecond time scales with atomic specificity.
The group's activity in this exciting and fast-emerging field is complemented by multidimensional spectroscopy in the optical, infrared, and THz spectral regions using femtosecond lasers and nonlinear optics to gain new insight into transients states of matter.
- SFB 925: Light induced dynamics and control of correlated quantum systems
- International Max Planck Research School for Ultrafast Imaging & Structural Dynamics (IMPRS-UFAST)
- Cluster of Excellence: Hamburg Centre for Ultrafast Imaging
- PIER: Partnership of Universität Hamburg and DESY
- Erforschung der Materie – Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF)