Thesis Projects and Open Positions
Currently, we offer the following student research projects on Bachelor or Masters level:
- Detailed study of complex galaxy cluster merger systems using low-frequency radio and X-ray datasets (e.g. de Gasperin et al. 2014).
- Radio imaging using neural networks.
- Study of small clusters and galaxy groups using stacking of radio images.
More in general, further BSc/MSc thesis topics are:
- Developing algorithms for the calibration and imaging of radio interferometric data (e.g. de Gasperin et al. 2019) and for the characterisation of the ionospheric disturbances (e.g. de Gasperin et al. 2018).
- Population studies using large catalogues of sources from radio surveys (e.g. de Gasperin et al. 2018).
- Shock waves and other cosmic ray acceleration processes in the intra-cluster medium (e.g. de Gasperin et al. 2017).
- AGN-medium interaction (radio galaxies, jets, feedback...).