Thesis Projects and Open Positions
Currently, we offer the following student research projects on Bachelor or Masters level:
- Modelling of galactic outflows based on this paper by Krumholz et al. (2017). It will make use of the public domain code DESPOTIC.
- Modelling of radio galaxies in the Universe and comparison to LOFAR and NVSS surveys. The models build, e.g., on these papers Luo & Sadler (2010) and Sirothia et al. (2009).
- Machine learning for automatic classification of astronomical imaging data.
Further BSc/MSc thesis topics are:
- AGN and galactic outflows
- LOFAR surveys
- Cosmic-ray acceleration and simulation
- X-ray observations of galaxy clusters
- Study of the properties of Dark Matter with galaxy clusters